Wednesday, March 25, 2015

ENTRY 2 BAPTISM

On December 14, 2014 I made this entry in my journal:

Today is a day I want to always remember.  This day I renewed my baptism.  It was a snowy day.  We drove down to Saratoga Springs, and waited by the lake.  Someone authorized to perform baptism met us there.  Many members of my family then walked to Inlet Park Hot Springs.  I stepped into the water and my friend assisted by performing the ordinance.  Others also renewed their baptism.  It was a happy moment and we walked back in wet clothing in the winter air and drove home.

The Lord had prompted me to do this a year and a half ago.  Finally this day was my first opportunity.  God did not disappoint.  My heart is filled with light.  So much light and joy, more strong than I ever remember before.  I know this to be the Baptism of Fire. 

I am writing this experience down this hour that I may never forget what great light and joy I received because of this experience.

End of journal entry.

It is a simple entry, written like a kid.  At the end of an eventful day filled with light and joy, I barely had time to scribble down this entry.   I hope over the next few weeks to write a few words about why I felt it was necessary to renew the Baptism as commanded by Jesus Christ.  And I hope to invite you to do the same.  That is to say, if you have been baptized in the past, I will invite you to renew the commitment by entering into the water again.  And if by chance, you have never done so, I would invite you to study the “Doctrine of Christ” and find a renewal in life through Baptism.   I hope we can continue a conversation about why it is important to be baptized and if already baptized in the distant past, why that renewal of Baptism may be necessary.

From those I have discussed this experience with, there has been mixed reactions.  Nevertheless, I want you to know that the Baptism of Water and the Baptism of Fire is real.  When the scriptures speak of a burning in the bosom, this is a real and viable experience.  I experienced an inner light that was so strong that it could not have been imagined.  It was as real as seeing, hearing, touching, tasting, and smelling.  It was experienced in the heart, as if the heart were able to generate light like the sun itself.  It was accompanied by joy and clarity of thought, and a healing of the physical body.

This is the power of Jesus Christ.  It is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment